Tuesday, October 09, 2007

A scene on the MRT

I know i haven't been blogging for a long long time, been pretty lazy recently...heh...

This morning I took the NEL and changed to NSL to get to office. As i got onto the NSL train from Douby Ghaut, i was greeted by the crowded train as usual.

Just as i was trying hard to find a comfortable standing space, there was this lady entering the train and she was obviously been pushed by the crowd behind her. I can see from her face that she was VERY irritated with the lady behind her who kept pushing so that she could get into the train as well. For the train commuters, this is nothing surprising and I was pretty used to this kind of 'actions' by the morning crowd (not that i agree with what they're doing). Until i suddenly heard AND saw the lady mumbled "son of a bit*h!"

I was shocked! Not surprising as i'm not very used to people using such crude terms, especially coming from a lady's mouth. I wonder if any other people heard what i heard.

Alright...i know she is irritated...but dun use such term early in the morning right? hmm

Then when the train reached city hall station, she got past me and got off the train. It was then i saw that she was holding on to her round bulging tummy...she's pregnant!!!Probably about 5-6 months?

That explains why she was so irritated with the person pushing her....mother instinct i guess?

But does that explain her usage of word? The poor lady behind her was prob late for work or rushing for something. Perhaps she didn't know she was pushing a pregnant lady? Just as i didn't know she's pregnant initially...

As a soon-to-be mum, perhaps its time to note her usage of words. I gather that she's an educated person from the way she dresses and the fact that she uses the english crude term.

积点口德,也当作是对孩子的胎教吧。。。

1 Comments:

Blogger DrizZLe Poh said...

could be pre-natal blues, dear. besides, i see KIDS and TEENAGERS spew worst vulgarities, maybe its just a bad day for the dear preggy. Maybe morning sickness, quarrel with hubby, whatever. and now have to deal with inconsiderate pple who dun spare a thought for the needy. (preggies ought to get a seat, you know)... I symphatise with her!

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home